Friday, November 14, 2008

Taxi Drivers

I never had a thing for taxi-drivers. Not all are cads but more than a handful is enough to piss me off and that was what happened this morning and 2 days ago.
_____________________

This morning I called a cab as usual for the past more than 1 month now that I am staying with my boyfriend inside the shipyard. Out of 20 times when the taxi drivers arrived and do not see me immediately or is somewhat lost, they will not hesitate to call me. Only this didn't, he made me wait and had to waste my time calling the call-center again to tell them to get the driver to the other end of the ship. When he arrived, I asked why didn't he called if he do not see anybody after waiting for like 1 min. He simply kept quiet. I got pissed and slammed the door real hard. Idiot!
_____________________

2 days ago it was raining non stop and my plan to take a bus to Clarke Quay area to walk to Boat Quay to meet my friend, Pam had to be ditched, I had to call for a taxi. I was already late that's why I needed the taxi knowing during these time, it is almost impossible to get 1 off the road.

I got 1 which says he'll arrive 5min later. Great so I went by the road to wait. To my amazement, there were some empty taxi on the road so I decided to try my luck and got I after waiting for less than 1 min. Immediately I tried to call the call-center to cancel my order since I have already gotten 1 and at the same time I am a responsible person. But it was just almost impossible to call thru' due to high volume of callers.

Halfway while calling, the other driver whom was designated to pick me up called. I told him about my situation and apologised I couldn't call in earlier to cancel due to the high call volume. He got mad and start shouting over the phone. I was startled at his behaviour. Do you have to do this just over an extra $2.50 and be so rude? I didn't had a choice but to try to reason it out with him, he just got more angry. Being the more understanding me as I am well-brought up and will never stoop so low against such people, told him to watch his mouth or I'll lodge a complain against him. He actually challenged me which of cos I obviously did. Such a loser. Anyways I am calling the taxi company up again to get his name and taxi number to write a letter to the press. This should teach him a lesson.

Later that night after my meeting with Pam, we decided to head home and to make things worst, the rain did not stop. I decided to call for a taxi again as it was getting late and the ratio of getting a taxi is almost impossible. I specifically told the operator that I am at the bridge of Boat Quay waiting.

The driver called after 5min to say he's been waiting but do not see me. I was puzzled saying I have been waiting in the rain. To my amazement, he was giving another road to go to which will take me more than 5min to get and for him, a big detour to get to my exact location. I told him to get over but he was like "errr so far, you call to cancel la"...OMG I was fuming and told him off. But was lucky once again immediately after that pointless conversation, a taxi appeared infront of me and I was saved.

Many years ago there was an article on a man in HK who went bonkers after his pregnant wife died because a taxi driver refused to send her to the hospital. I now know the frustration and think these idiots should be killed :) I am not a sadist or promote violence. I am a peace-loving citizen, it's just some people do not deserved to be treated with kindness and respect. Like they say kindness begets kindness, in this case, an eye for an eye.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Either you love or hate me. You will love me because I am myself and do not pretend to me who I am not. You will hate me because you know that I do not take your bullshit, lies, excuses and all things you pretend to be who you are not!