My dad has always been the silent one, pretty typical. Rarely flare up but once he does, it's an volcanic erruption. He has always been kind to people around him. We were always a middle income family with both parents working to their bones. Dad always give us the best, never complaining, even if he can't now, he'll try later. We were never lack of anything simple and essential in life.
Now he's getting on age, it's sad because as a kid growing up back then, you start spending lesser time with them. I think father are the most underestimated figure at home because they talk the least the work the most and you only see them late at night.
I think he was happy yesterday despite my brother not being there. We ate at a restaurant near our place and while my sister & David drove my aunt and cherie back. Cherie is my cousin's daughter whom we have been taking care of since she was tiny. My parents, Andrea & I took a stroll home. I just wanted to spend just that little more time with them.
My parents like Andrea alot, I can tell. They never bothered talking to my ex but tried their best to always talk to him even thou' their English is barely there especially my mum. It is hilarious listening to their conversation but heart-warming. My heart is secretly beaming.
Sang my dad a Happy Birthday song in Mandarin & Andrea sang along, my family was utterly impressed. I explained how I had to sing more than 20 times to him within a week cos he simply loves it. But I must admit he's smart to pick it up fast...but then again how to not learn a song fast with only 6 syllabus just sang in different tones :) OK OK HE"S SMART~
Gave my dad a Hugo Boss cologne cos I know he loves that. His smile brings comfort.
***************************
After the celebration, Andrea & I headed back to Sembawang. In the cab he was telling me he could tell that my parents love me more and give me more lee way. I was surprised cos that's what many others told me. Strange. No matter more or less, I know they love all their children equally. Probably me in a different way cos I am more of a clown??
No comments:
Post a Comment