I had the pleasure of travelling with the Koreans this summer on their national carrier, Korean Air. The stewardess were polite, always smiling and ready to serve. The color of their uniform is in a pretty blue and beige hue. If I am right, it's designed by Gianfranco Ferre, the world-renowned famous Italian designer as their hair piece has the word "Ferre" on it. It's a very simple hair piece which makes the stewardess looks even sweeter.
When I realised that I had to travel a long way with Korean Air, I felt immediate discomfort as Korean, as a whole are not known for their subtle behavior. Being Singapore, I am aware we are guilty of it but I just never had good feelings towards them.
The trip from Seoul to Paris wasn't exactly that bad as the plane was only half full. However it was totally the opposite from Rome-Seoul-Sin. At Rome, there were plenty of Korean tourists, some were nuns who were praying fervently. Did they already know the plane will crash? Gosh I hated this.
By the way, 99% we Koreans onboard, from various tour groups I assume. Some were on transit from Paris as I see some holding on to some kind of brochures. That is not the point, I don't care if they are on transit or just finished their Roman Empire trip, I hate the thought of getting stuck with Koreans for 12 hours!
I was the last to board the plane as usual, I prefer to enter with ease and not have to jostle for space to get to my seat. I sat beside an Italian man & him besides a Korean who speaks Italian. Good for me I think, don't think I would like to speak to anyone of them even thou' my boyfriend's Italian, rather just stick to that.
Noisy as it was before boarding and after boarding. Despite several announcement to bucklet up, some either turn a deaf ear to it or they are really deaf! During take off, a bunch of Koreans started cheering, chanting and clapping when it finally took off. Was that a "yeah, we are finally going home" cheer?
While the bucket lights were still on, some of them were already standing up and taking stuff out of their overhead compartments. Parents allowing their children to be unbucklet and standing on the chairs. Not quite sure if a Singaporean parent will allow that to happen since we are "Kiasi".
When food was served, I chose western instead of Korean. Takes an aquired tastebud to get used to their food. I was happy with my choice and decided to drift into slumberland after that.
Woke up a few hours and was served some refreshment. One stewardess accidentally broke some wine glasses and quite a portion of Koreans started cheering and clapping. I was certainly amazed at their behavior, so was the stewardess as I could tell the awkwardness in her. How stupid can these people be??
Everything was peaceful after and when the plane landed, they started cheering, chanting and clapping loudly again. OMG, I hope the next flight will be better.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Blah Blah Prestige
- Either you love or hate me. You will love me because I am myself and do not pretend to me who I am not. You will hate me because you know that I do not take your bullshit, lies, excuses and all things you pretend to be who you are not!
No comments:
Post a Comment