Let's call her "D", she's someone I've known for more than a century and for the past years we got on well. No complaints as she is a smart and funny girl as long as she stays sober. This drinking feat has gotten her nowhere except down south with her personal life and I feel sad for her as a friend.
"D" is not a full straight As student but she has always done well in school and pretty good during University days too. She credited all these to her beloved father for his wise advise. However all these came to a standstill when her father packed up and went on to have another family. She hated her mother for causing the breakup of the family but that didn't stop her from not contacting her father. I know deep inside she misses him very much but her own contradiction is the result for the enstrangement between daughter & father and now she doesn't even know where he is.
She crave for attention, especially from men. She has had a few relationships that ended up with them marrying other women. The man whom she thought truly loves her as they have been together for 6 years left and is now happily married a year later. We all know that she is devastated but being so proud she refuses to admit and kept going on the rebound with different men. Most recently, her last boyfriend a man younger by 5 years left as well as he couldn't handle her drama-mama behavior when she drinks.
The best way to describe her when she's drunk, she becomes a "monster". I do not want to use such word on her but this is the best and least harsh I can do. She becomes extremely flirty, throwing herself from men to men, refuses to listen to anybody. When she's asked to stop drinking she'll accuse you of saying she is a drunk and everybody despise her and we are stoping her from finding a boyfriend blah blah blah. She'll scream at you and try to use the "how could you do this to a friend" tactic which won't do for me.
I am guilty of being tipsy and have lost some personal items from it but I learned from it and moved on but she never. She has lost countless mobile phones, wallets, shoes and even once, her bag containing all her work documents! Losing stuff are minor as it causes inconveniences, how about peeing all over yourself in public? And the list goes on.
She knows it cos I've told her bout it but she's just turning a blind eye to it. As a friend, I can only do so much. I tried many ways to keep her sober, behaving herself etc but each time my disappointment gets bigger and I get hurt by her emotionally. She has no idea how much I love and care about her as a friend and all I want to see is for her to pick up the pieces around her and move on.
She was at my work event last week and the same thing happened. I was so so so utterly disillusion by the fact that she won't even do it for me as a friend to keep herself sober. I wasn't embarassed by the fact that she is my friend, I was only deeply dishearten. A friend was kind enough to care for her too & drove all the way down to pick us up at 2am but she just diss us off and went on to find some dubious men for company.
His last wish is for her to not be raped or get pregnated by some strangers and my biggest wish is for her not to be tainted by any illnesses through her irresponsibility.
I love you "D" but I guessed my love for you isn't enough.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- Blah Blah Prestige
- Either you love or hate me. You will love me because I am myself and do not pretend to me who I am not. You will hate me because you know that I do not take your bullshit, lies, excuses and all things you pretend to be who you are not!
No comments:
Post a Comment